Insane in the Membrane achievement is one of the hardest and grindiest achievements in WoW Wrath of the Lich King. No wonder the reward for it is “The Insane” title; it describes the whole process perfectly. If there is anything worth getting a boost for WoW – it’s Insane in the Membrane achievement.
But how insane is Insane in the Membrane grind in WoW?
Let’s go over what you should do to complete this achievement.
Achieve Honored Reputation with Bloodsail Buccaneers and exalted with the following factions:
- Booty Bay
- Darkmoon Faire
Simply reading this list will take a while; imagine grinding it all out. You need to do a lot of killings, and I mean A LOT of killings, but you’ll also need to spend a lot of gold for your Ravenholdt, Shen’dralar, and Darkmoon Faire rep grind. There is no way to get the required reputation without spending any gold.
What is so crazy about Insane in the Membrane achievement in WoW?
Let’s start by saying that to complete this achievement, you’ll need both Bloodsail Buccaneers at Honored and all goblin factions, Ratchet, Gadgetzan, Everlook and Booty Bay, also known as Steamwheedle Cartel, at Exalted.
You must kill tons of Booty Bay guards to increase your Bloodsail Buccaneers rep, which decreases your Steamwheedle Cartel rep, and likewise, completing quests for any of the goblin Faction will lower your Bloodsail Buccaneers rep.
Quick Insane in the Membrane guide:
Insane in the Membrane requires you to do a fair share of running across WoW mainlands: Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.
Let’s talk about Shen’dralar first. This faction is located in Dire Maul dungeon, in Feralas, in the middle of nowhere. Getting in and out will be a problem, so you’ll need to get the key first. Shen’dralar reputation is all about completing repeatable quests from Lorekeeper Lydros.
You need to bring him certain objects to complete a quest:
- 4 Large Brilliant Shards
- Pristine Black Diamond
- 2 Blood of Heroes, 2 Skin of Shadows, Frayed Abomination Stitching
- Libram of Focus, Libram of Protection, Libram of Rapidity
Players are able to purchase Large brilliant shards from an auction house or any enchanter, or get those yourself by disenchanting rare items while farming other ingredients.
Pristine Black Diamonds drop from various 58-62 level elites in any endgame Vanilla Classic dungeons or raids. There is one boss in Dire Maul West called Revanchion that has around 10% chance to drop this item, which is pretty big. Or just buy them on Auction House, but there is no telling how much a single Diamond is going to cost; they have no use in WoW WotLK apart from Insane in the Membrane grind.
Blood of Heroes, Skins of Shadows and Frayed Abomination Stitching. You should farm Stratholme, Scholomance or run around Plaguelands. Frayed Abomination Stitching’s can be gathered from any Abomination mobs or Ramstein the Gorger boss at the end of Stratholme dungeon, Undead part. Blood of Heroes randomly spawn around Plaguelands. An elite mob will spawn upon looting it, which drops it.
A few bosses drop Skin of Shadows inside Scholomance, but the highest drop chance is from Risen Bonewarder and Risen Construct. You may find these mobs in small rooms around the last boss room.
Librams drop from various mobs inside Dire Maul dungeon, but the trick is – you only have one Libram on you of each type. It means you’ll have to do some running back and forth or some farming if you bring the rest of the ingredients.
And that was just 1 out of 8 reputations you’ll need to get, not the hardest one. Getting Insane in the Membrane boost might not seem like a bad idea for your WoW character.
Remaining Insane in the Membrane Achievement Classic WoW Reputations:
- Ravenholdt reputation farm is fairly straightforward. Kill Syndicate mobs until you reach 11999/12000 Honored. Best place to do it – Durnholde Keep. After reaching 11999 reputation, mobs will stop awarding you with reputation upon death, so you’ll have to switch to repeatable quest inside of Ravenholdt Manor. Bring 5 Heavy Junkboxes, simple enough or not. You’ll require around 1300-1400 Heavy Junkboxes to get to Exalted. You can farm them on a rogue by pickpocketing level 30-40 mobs or simply purchase them on Auction House.
- Darkmoon Faire. You need to farm or buy tons of low level seemingly random items or card decks and turn them in for 350 reputation. Getting to Exalted will require around 115-125 decks, so get ready to lose some gold.
- Remaining factions for Insane in the Membrane are fairly simple. Kill tons of Booty Bay guards, get some extra reputation with Bloodsail Buccaneers on top of required Honored and start working on your Steamwheedle Cartel Rep by completing a quest inside Dire Maul. Get a key that drops from any Ogre inside of Dire Maul. Bring 4 Bolts of Runecloth, 8 Rugged Leathers, 2 Rune Threads and find Ogre Tannin. Rinse and repeat.
- Darkmoon Faire will eat up a lot of your gold. You’ll need to either turn in a bunch of random low-level items or turn in approximately 120 card decks to get Exalted.
Now you see why Insane in the Membrane achievement is one of the hardest, most stressful, gold-consuming and long achievements in WotLK, if not in whole WoW. There is one easy way to complete it, however, that I have not mentioned yet. Get Insane in the Membrane boost, simple as that. Quick, stress-free and easy.
- We offer only high-quality services
- Our Live Chat support is online 24/7, so you can check on the progress anytime
- We only work with professional boosters, nothing can go wrong, no shady business
- We value your privacy and account safety
- Insane in the Membrane Achievement Carry fully done by hands, no hacks, cheats, exploits or 3rd party software
- We use high-quality VPN software
- Live Stream is available for you to check up on the progress
Gaming should be fun, let us make that happen. You Play, and we will Carry.